A beginner level class, Jewelry 101 will serve as the foundation for all your future Jewelry and metalsmithing creations.
You will learn to navigate a professional jewelry studio including all the tools and equipment involved in making a piece of jewelry from concept to creation.
- Select your metal. Choose from nickel, brass, bronze, and copper. (If you would like to work in Sterling Silver (925) it is available for purchase).
- Learn to transfer your design to the metal of your choice
- Learn to cutout your piece using a combination of piercing and sawing techniques utilizing the jewelers saw and flex shaft or drill press.
- Learn proper filing and sanding techniques
- Learn the art of polishing
At the end of class you will walk away with a finished piece of jewelry (We suggest you start with a pair of Earrings or Pendant) and leave confident in your ability to navigate any jewelry studio.
4 Weeks: 1 4 Hour Session per week (16 HRS CLASS)
4 Weeks: 1 4 Hour Session per week (16 HRS CLASS) + 8 hours Open Studio Time (2 hours/week) on an alternating day.
All Supplies Included
OPEN STUDIO: A knowledgeable instructor is present during these sessions for safety and supervision purposes only. Open studio hours are meant for the student to reach weekly milestones for work pertaining to the current class in which they are enrolled. Supplies included in this open studio are limited to those listed in the class descriptions for the class in which the student in enrolled. The hours are to be used to reach your weekly milestones and ensure you finish the project/projects listed within the class description Open studio hours are available on a first come first serve basis and are subject to change. Open Studio hours do not roll over and expire the day of your last class.