Add yourself to the waitlist.
A beginner level class, Alternative Materials will serve as the foundation for all your future Jewelry creations. You will work in a variety of plastics including plexiglass and acrylic.
You will find the tools and techniques you will learn, are extremely similar to those used in crafting jewelry in metal and learned in Jewelry 101.
You will learn to navigate a professional jewelry studio including all the tools and equipment involved in making a piece of jewelry from concept to creation.
- Select your Acrylic sheet of choice. Choose from a variety of colors and thicknesses.
- Learn to transfer your design to the acrylic of your choice.
- Learn to cutout your piece using a combination of piercing and sawing techniques utilizing the Jewelers saw, flex shaft, and drill press.
- Set rhinestones
- Learn proper filing and sanding techniques
- Learn the art of polishing
At the end of class, you will walk away with a finished piece or 2 of jewelry (We suggest you start with a pair of Earrings or Pendant) and leave confident in your ability to navigate any jewelry studio.
All Supplies Included
4 Weeks: 1 4 Hour Session/week (16 HRS CLASS)